Introduction to PICO
- Approved for use on acute wounds, chronic wounds and closed surgical incisions.
- Proprietary, silicone-based, four-layer technology uniquely manages wound fluid by simultaneously evaporating and locking it away, keeping excess moisture away from the wound and periwound area.1 No need for a canister!
- Expansion of NPWT benefits beyond the wound site by providing compression to the periwound area, which may help reduce edema and improve perfusion.2
PICO is appropriate for:
- Acute wounds
- Chronic wounds
- Closed surgical incisions
- Traumatic wounds
- Sub-acute and dehisced wounds
- Flaps and grafts
- Partial-thickness burns
- Ulcers – diabetic, pressure
PICO application and mode of action
Lifetime’s Balancing Act
The PICO System was featured on Lifetime’s The Balancing Act. Hear more as Dr. Alison Garten, DPM, CPED discusses a wound therapy system that’s simple to use and gets the job done. It’s called the PICO Single Use Negative Pressure Wound Therapy System.